Contact & Opening Hours:
BODY: Monday - Sunday 10am - 2pm.
Address: Animal Warden Service, Leitrim Animal Welfare Centre, Barraghmore, Drumkeeran, Co. Leitrim N41DX31
Phone : 071 96 48300
Excessive dog barking which causes a nuisance to any person is an offence. Your local District Court can make an order requiring the reduction of excessive barking by a dog(s), can limit the number of dogs that can be
kept on a premises, or can direct that a dog be delivered to a dog warden as an unwanted dog. You can make a complaint about excessive barking to the District Court. (LINK HERE - How To Make Application to the District Court)
Buy/Renew Dog Licence:
Lifetime licence - €140
(This licence is for the lifetime of the dog and is non-transferable)
English - https://www.licences.ie/ILAS/Link/4D62Y7
Irish - https://www.licences.ie/ILAS/Link/TBLMK3
Annual - €20
English - https://www.licences.ie/ILAS/Link/UQ67KN
Irish - https://www.licences.ie/ILAS/Link/23X6TH
- By clicking on the link for the required licence type, you will be brought to Licences.ie and asked to sign in or register for an account to continue
- If you don’t already have an account select Register and complete the short registration form and click the Register button
- You will receive an Account Activation email. Click on the Activate button in this email. You will be brought directly to the application form you selected
- Complete the form. Please note all compulsory fields, marked with a red asterisk, must be completed before you can pay for and submit your application
- When you submit the form and pay you will receive a confirmation email notification
- Your licence should issue to you by post within 10 working days
- A copy of your application is available to view by clicking My Applications
If you encounter a problem on www.licences.ie please contact licence.ie support staff as follows:
Phone: 1890 200090 or 065 9080207
A dog warden shall take all reasonable steps to seize and detain any dog that appears to them to be a stray dog. A ‘stray dog’ can be defined as any dog which appears to be unaccompanied by a person. Whenever a stray dog is seized or detained, the dog will be held for five days from the date of the initial detainment. If such dog is not claimed and all expenses relating to its seizure and detention are not paid by the owner, the dog will be rehomed where possible and the title of the previous owner shall thereupon become extinguished.
Impound Reclaim Fees:
€60.00 (If dog has been micro-chipped prior to being impounded)
€80.00 (If dog has not been micro-chipped prior to being impounded)
€10.00 Kennel fee per day from second day on.
Reclaim Fee is €120 if a dog is impounded for the second time.
Dog will not be returned if impounded on three occasions.
Dogs cannot be released without a valid dog licence.
To reclaim a dog please call the Dog Warden Service Office on 071 96 48300.