Following the severe weather conditions in the county over the weekend the following is the updated position on Tuesday 8th December, 2015.
· Closure of the N4 in Carrick-on-Shannon
Due to severe flooding it has been necessary to close a section of the N4 traversing Carrick-on-Shannon between the Attyfinlay roundabout (Tesco) and the Townspark Roundabout. A short local diversion is in place.
· Closure at Park Lane, Carrick-on-Shannon
A road closure in also in place at Park Lane, Carrick-on-Shannon due to flooding.
· Leitrim Village – remains passable, motorists however are advised to exercise extreme caution when entering the flood waters at this location.
· R202 Ballinamore to Carrick on Shannon Road: Lane closed until further notice on R202 Ballinamore to Carrick road, traffic lights are in place.
· Lough Allen - Leitrim County Council today contacted ESB and they confirmed that they do not intend to release extra flood waters from Lough Allen.
Council staff and crews are on location providing assistance to affected property owners and are working to manage floods on roads. All crews will remain on location until the flood event passes. Leitrim County Council will continue to monitor the situation and to provide regular status updates via our website, social media accounts and the local media.
The following are the locations of the main roads affected by flood waters in Leitrim, a number of locations are also currently being assessed and may not yet be included on the list of affected locations. Motorists are advised to exercise caution when entering flood waters and if possible to avoid entering flood waters.
Carrick on Shannon:
· N4 between the Townspark & Tesco Roundabout
· L-3399-4 Quay Rd (Carpark) – entire road,
· L-3398-0 Park Lane (LCC Compound)
· R280 Leitrim Road (O’Rourkes Garage) & Hartley Turn
· L-3401-1 Rear of Landmark Hotel
· L-3399-7 Lane into Bush Hotel Carpark by Courthouse
· L-3400-0 Hartley Road
· R299 Kiltoghert Co-Op
· L-7465-0 Mullagh – Motorists are advised to exercise extreme caution the road is almost totally impassable
· L-74651-0 Mullagh cross to Doora
· R280 Leitrim Village (Guckian’s/Donnelan’s)
· L-3390-0 Church Road
· R284-1 Keadue Road
· R201-30/31 Esker/Racullen, Cloone,
· R201-31 Racullen, Cloone,
· L-1543-2 Drumleevan/Drumucker, Drumeela,
· L-1502-1 Kilrush/Carrickmakeegan, Ballinamore,
· L-1313-1/2 Golf Links Road, Ballinamore,
· L-1586-2 Drumury Bridge, Cornaferst, Carrigallen,
· R207-17 Largandill, Ballinaglera,
· R207-10/11 Cleighran More/Beg, Drumshabo,
Roads Impassable in North Leitrim:
· R282 Rossinver to Garrison
· R281 Kinlough to Rossinver
· LP2644-0 Kinlough to Rossinver via Glenaniff
Ongoing road damage repair works in the Glenaniff area (LP2108-1 & LP2644-0) as a result of the flooding.