Environmental Impact Assessment Report – Tullynamoyle Windfarm.
Planning Ref. No. 21/015
An Application has been submitted to Leitrim County Council for a planning permission for development of a ten year planning permission and a thirty-operational life, from the date of commissioning, for an additional four (4) wind turbines to the nineteen (19) turbines at Tullynamoyle windfarm (15 existing turbines and 4 consented turbines) in the townlands of Tullinloughan, Lackagh, Tullynmoyle and Gowlaun, County Leitrim. An underground grid connection to Corderry Substation will be located in the townlands of Tullinwannia, Tullynasharragh, Gubaderry, Tullinwillin, Gortahork, Mullaghmore, Leamaskally, Cornamarve, Drumlumman Glebe, Drumillion, Drumany Glebe, Belhavel, Corrasra and Corderry, Killarga, County Leitrim. The proposed development will constitute the provision of the following:
1. The construction of four (4) wind turbines with maximum hub heights of 92 metres and maximum overall heights of 155 metres to blade tip. 2.
2. The construction of crane hardstand areas located beside each turbine.
3. The construction of one (1) 20 kv substation building, 2 No. container units and associated electrical plant for grid stabilisation.
4. Internal windfarm underground cabling including one stream-crossing by overhead line.
5. The construction of new site access tracks and the provision of upgraded access roads.
6. Installation of a drainage system for the proposed hardstand and road areas.
7. Underground grid connection to Corderry 110kv substation, approximately 9.5km in length, along the existing public road network. 8. All associated site development and ancillary works.
The planning application has been accompanied by an Environmental Impact Statement.
The planning application, Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) and Natura Impact Statement (NIS) may be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the offices of the Planning Authority, Aras an Chontae, Carrick-On-Shannon, Co. Leitrim during its current public opening hours or by arranged appointment. A submission or observation in relation to the application may be made in writing to the Planning Authority on payment of the prescribed fee within the period of 5 weeks beginning on the date of receipt by the Authority of the application, and such submissions and observations will be considered by the Planning Authority in making a decision on the application. The Planning Authority may grant permission subject to or without conditions, or may refuse to grant permission.
The application documentation for Planning Ref. No. 21/015 may be viewed online at the following link: