In relation to the severe weather conditions in Leitrim the updated position on Wednesday 16th November, 2015 is that water levels continue to drop, flood defences are being maintained and diversions and road closures remain as previously communicated (see details outlined below). Information in relation to the Emergency Humanitarian Flooding Assistance Scheme to provide emergency humanitarian support to small businesses affected by flooding on the following link: Emergency Humanitarian Flooding Assistance
The scheme is being administered by the Irish Red Cross, however, it should be noted that prior to the submission of the form to the Irish Red Cross - Part 4 of the application form must be completed by the local authority to verify that the property in question was flooded, that the business is subject to Commercial Rates and the Valuation Office Number must also be provided. Leitrim County Council will ensure that the local authority verification process will be completed in an efficient and timely manner.
Further information is available by contacting Customer Services on 071-9620005, email email@example.com
Road Closures & Diversions:
· N4 - between the Townspark and Tesco Roundabout,
· Park Lane, Carrick-on-Shannon,
· Quay Street, Carrick-on-Shannon
· R280 in Leitrim Village main route from Carrick-on-Shannon to Manorhamilton is closed. Motorists are strongly advised not to enter flood waters at this location. Pedestrian access has been provided in Leitrim Village.
· The LP3390 – Church Road from Leitrim Village is closed.
· The R284-1 – Leitrim Village to Keadue is also closed.
· The R280 on the Leitrim Road as you approach Carrick-on-Shannon is down to one lane of traffic due to flooding. Diversions are in place for south bound traffic on the approach to Carrick-on-Shannon on the R280 – traffic is being diverted via Kiltoghert.Motorists are advised to drive carefully and expect delays.