· It is anticipated that the river will continue to rise at same levels over the next 24 hours. [Note: Reports about the Shannon rising by half a metre relate to Clare and Limerick]
· Council staff and crews are on location providing assistance to affected property owners and are working to manage floods on roads. All crews will remain on location until the flood event passes.
The following roads are CLOSED in the county:
· A short section of the N4 is closed at the Tesco Retail Park and a local diversion is in place.
· Park Lane, Carrick-on-Shannon
· Keadue Road – out of Leitrim Village.
· Road from Carrick-on-Shannon to Cootehall at the Hartley Bridge/Pass is impassable and is now closed.
Quay Street, Carrick-on-Shannon
Water levels have risen at this location and will continue to be monitored. This location remains passable with care for motorists and Council staff are on site providing assistance to the property owners.
Note: All other roads in the County are passable with care, however, motorists are requested to exercise extreme caution when entering flood waters. (See listing below).
Flood Management works on the R280
Flood management works on R280 Leitrim road approach to Carrick-on-Shannon commenced today at 10.00am. Motorists should expect delays, traffic diversions via Kiltoghert will be in place for the duration of the works which are scheduled to be completed later today.
Caution on possible contaminated Flood Waters.
Please note that in towns and villages where there is localised flooding, these flood waters maybe contaminated with untreated sewage, the public are advised to avoid contact with this water, if at all possible.
Leitrim County Council will continue to monitor the situation and to provide regular status updates via our website, social media accounts and the local media.
The following is a list of roads affected by flooding in the county – all roads remain passable, however, motorists are advised to exercise caution when they are entering flood waters.
Carrick on Shannon:
· N4 between the Townspark & Tesco Roundabout
· L-3399-4 Quay Rd (Carpark) – entire road,
· L-3398-0 Park Lane (LCC Compound)
· R280 Leitrim Road (O’Rourkes Garage) & Hartley Turn
· L-3401-1 Rear of Landmark Hotel
· L-3399-7 Lane into Bush Hotel Carpark by Courthouse
· L-3400-0 Hartley Road
· R299 Kiltoghert Co-Op
· L-7465-0 Mullagh – Motorists are advised to exercise extreme caution the road is almost totally impassable
· L-74651-0 Mullagh cross to Doora
· R280 Leitrim Village (Guckian’s/Donnelan’s)
· L-3390-0 Church Road
· R284-1 Keadue Road
· R201-30/31 Esker/Racullen, Cloone,
· R201-31 Racullen, Cloone,
· L-1543-2 Drumleevan/Drumucker, Drumeela,
· L-1502-1 Kilrush/Carrickmakeegan, Ballinamore,
· L-1313-1/2 Golf Links Road, Ballinamore,
· L-1586-2 Drumury Bridge, Cornaferst, Carrigallen,
· R207-17 Largandill, Ballinaglera,
· R207-10/11 Cleighran More/Beg, Drumshabo,
Roads Impassable in North Leitrim:
· R282 Rossinver to Garrison
· R281 Kinlough to Rossinver
· LP2644-0 Kinlough to Rossinver via Glenaniff
Ongoing road damage repair works in the Glenaniff area (LP2108-1 & LP2644-0) as a result of the flooding.