Stage 3 – Publication of Draft Leitrim County Development Plan 2023-2029
Leitrim County Council continues to progress with the review of the existing Leitrim County Development Plan 2015-2021 and has now prepared a Draft Leitrim County Development Plan for the period 2023-2029. A Pre-Draft Leitrim County Development Plan 2023-2029 prepared by the Chief Executive and submitted to the Elected Members for their consideration on 26th November 2021. This was amended by the Elected Members and agreed to be the Draft Leitrim County Development Plan 2023-2029 at a Special Meeting of the Council on the 24th January 2022 (Stage 2 of the Development Plan Preparation Process).
The Draft Leitrim County Development 2023-2029 and all accompanying documents are available to view via the following links:
Volume I – Written Statement
- Volume I - Written Statement.pdf (size 16.8 MB)
Volume II – Settlement Plans
- Volume II - Settlement Plans.pdf (size 7.1 MB)
Volume III – Book of Maps
- Volume III - Book of Maps.pdf (size 98.1 MB)
Volume IV – Record of Protected Structures
- Volume IV - Record of Protected Structures.pdf (size 1.2 MB)
- Appendix I - Statement of Consistency with Section 28 Guidelines.pdf (size 1.7 MB)
- Appendix II - Economic Profile of Co. Leitrim.pdf (size 2.2 MB)
- Appendix III - Strategic Economic Development Objectives and the Development Plan.pdf (size 1.7 MB)
- Appendix IV - Retail Health Checks.pdf (size 1.7 MB)
- Appendix V - Part A - Housing Strategy.pdf (size 2.7 MB)
- Appendix V - Part B - Housing Strategy Modelling and Housing Need Demand Assessment.pdf (size 2.7 MB)
- Appendix VI - Leitrim Landscape Character Assessment Review.pdf (size 114.7 MB)
- Appendix VII - Leitrim Review of Landscape Designations.pdf (size 13.2 MB)
- Appendix VIII - Leitrim Review of Views & Prospects.pdf (size 15.1 MB)
- Appendix IX - Part A - Renewable Energy Strategy for Co. Leitrim.pdf (size 43.9 MB)
- Appendix IX - Part B - Landscape and Visual Capacity Study for Wind Farms and Wind Turbines.pdf (size 24.6 MB)
- Appendix X - RSES Regional Policy Objectives - Climate Change and Renewable Energy.pdf (size 1.6 MB)
- Appendix XI - County Leitrim Geological Sites.pdf (size 1.6 MB)
Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment - Environmental Report.pdf (size 8.7 MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment - Environmental Report - Non Technical Summary.pdf (size 4 MB)
- Appropriate Assessment Natura Impact Report.pdf (size 6 MB)
Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment - Main Report & Appendix I.pdf (size 2.2 MB)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment - Appendix II - Book of Maps.pdf (size 47.6 MB)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment - Appendix III - Land Use Zoning & Flood Zone Intersections.pdf (size 1.7 MB)
Newspaper Notice Advertising Publication of Draft Leitrim County Development Plan 2023-2029
- Newspaper Notice of Draft Plan Publication.pdf (size 2.8 MB)
A copy of the Draft Leitrim County Development Plan 2023-2029 and all accompanying documents are now available for public inspection from Friday 11th February 2022 until Wednesday 27th April 2022 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations during normal opening hours and excluding public holidays:
§ Planning Department, Leitrim County Council, Áras and Chontae, St. George’s Terrace, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim, N41 PF67.
§ Ballinamore Library, Main Street, Ballinamore, Co. Leitrim, N41 E061.
§ Manorhamilton Library, Main Street, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim, F91 C862.
Making a Submission/Observation
Following the publication of the Draft Plan, you are now invited to give us your views on the Draft Plan and its associated documentation through submissions/observations received during the public consultation period which runs from Friday 11th February 2022 and ending at 4.30 pm on Wednesday 27th April 2022. Please note that late submissions/observations cannot be considered.
You can give your feedback by making a submission/observation titled ‘Draft Leitrim County Development Plan 2023-2029’ through one of the following options:
a) By writing to: Planning Department, Leitrim County Council, Áras an Chonate, St. George’s Terrace, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim, N41 PF67
b) By email to:email@example.com
All submissions/observations will be published online within 10 working days of receipt in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended. Your address will not be published.
You are responsible for ensuring that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information in relation to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof.
In accordance with Section 12(8A) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, written observations or submissions received by Leitrim County Council shall be published on the Council’s website within 10 working days of their receipt.
All submissions should include your name and a contact address, and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company, etc., which you represent. To assist Leitrim County Council in complying with data protection legislation, you are asked to provide this information on a separate sheet. This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR regulations.
The Leitrim County Council Data Protection Policy, is available at:
The policy is also available in hard copy upon request.
Written submissions or observations received by the Planning Authority will be published here within 10 day of receipt.
Development Plan Preparation Process
The process of preparing a new County Development Plan preparation provides for public consultation at 3 separate stages, which will subsequently lead to and inform the preparation of the new County Development Plan :
Stage 1: Pre-Draft Development Plan Preparation
Stage 2: Draft Development Plan Preparation