The Members of Leitrim County Council at a meeting on 11th January, 2016 passed a resolution proposing that a Plebiscite be taken to change the street name of Lower Main Street, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim to Sráid Sheáin Mhic Dhiarmada. The Plebisicte was conducted on Thursday 21st April, 2016 and the proposal was carried. The formal re-dedication ceremonly and the unveiling of the new street name signage will take place on Sunday 29th May, 2016 as part of the 2016 Commerative Events in Manorhamilton. The new street signage will be unveiled by the grand-niece of Sean McDiarmada.
The Itinerary for the proceedings on Sunday 29th May, 2016 in Manorhamilton is as follows:
· Parade assembly Church Carpark @ 12.30pm
· Parade start at Fire Station at 2 pm
· Sráid Sheáin Mhic Dhiarmada’ Inauguration Ceremony at Lower Main Street
· Salute at Courthouse @ 2.45pm -3.30pm
· Festive Concert Fairgreen, Castle 3.45pm (speeches at this point, followed by the reading of the Proclamation).
· Historic Exhibition and Programme at Sculpture Centre 6-9 pm.