The updated position regarding roads flooding and conditions on Monday 14th December, 2015 is that water levels are stable, flood defences continue to be maintained and diversions and road closures remain in the following locations:
· N4 - between the Townspark and Tesco Roundabout,
· Park Lane, Carrick-on-Shannon,
· Quay Street, Carrick-on-Shannon
· R280 in Leitrim Village main route from Carrick-on-Shannon to Manorhamilton is closed. Motorists are strongly advised not to enter flood waters at this location. Pedestrian access has been provided in Leitrim Village.
· The LP3390 – Church Road from Leitrim Village is closed.
· The R284-1 – Leitrim Village to Keadue is also closed.
· The R280 on the Leitrim Road as you approach Carrick-on-Shannon is down to one lane of traffic due to flooding. Diversions are in place for south bound traffic on the approach to Carrick-on-Shannon on the R280 – traffic is being diverted via Kiltoghert.
Motorists are advised to drive carefully and expect delays.
Further updates will be communicated as they become available.