- A further roll out of this Scheme now taking place.
- Under the Scheme, Leitrim County Council will, with the assistance of the voluntary and other sectors arrange for the supply of two ten year self-contained smoke alarms.
- Scheme targeting private houses not covered by any other measures.
- The cost of purchasing the alarm is funded by the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government while all other costs are funded locally.
- Alarms are being procured by Leitrim County Council and are battery operated and have a ten year battery life.
- Nominations are being invited from anyone, who thinks this scheme applies to their household or who wishes to nominate a household who they feel should be considered under this scheme.
- The alarms will also be available through the Leitrim Development Company in conjunction with Warmer Homes Scheme.
- If you feel you qualify for the Warmer Homes Scheme you should contact Leitrim Development Company directly and also discuss the Smoke Alarm Scheme.
- As the scheme is in conjunction with the Warmer Homes Scheme it will be jointly examined as part of the assessment process
- The Scheme provides for the supply of the alarm to the applicant/recipient only and does not provide for installation.
- Nomination forms include a section for completion by the nominee confirming their agreement to their nomination. This section must be completed in all cases where the nominee is being put forward by a third party.
- Nomination Forms and full particulars for scheme can be obtained from the links below.
Nomination Form 2014.doc (size 56.3 KB)
Nomination Form 2014.pdf (size 101.1 KB)
Planning, Community & Economic Development
Leitrim County Council,
Aras an Chontae,
by telephoning (071) 9620005, Ext.526
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for return of nomination forms is Thursday, 29th May 2014