Community Involvement Scheme (CIS)
Community Involvement Scheme for Repair / Upgrade of Local Roads
Closing date: Friday 17th September, 2021
Leitrim County Council invites applications for the Community Involvement Scheme (CIS) for the Repair and/or Upgrade of Local Roads in the County. This Scheme is a joint venture between the local community and Leitrim County Council, whereby the local community make a monetary contribution towards the cost of the road works and Leitrim County Council complete them.
The monetary contribution required will range between 10% – 20% of the cost of the repair/upgrade of the road. Each local community applying for this scheme will be required to appoint a spokesperson to act on their behalf. If the application is successful and the road is included in this CIS scheme, payment of the full local contribution will be required in advance of any works commencing.
If you know of suitable roads in your area and wish to submit them for inclusion in our submission for funding, please send details of the road together with the completed CIS application form to this office.
Things to Know
- A monetary contribution is required and will range between 10% – 20% of the cost of the repair/upgrade of the road
- Leitrim County Council will estimate the overall cost and will determin the % of the monetary contribution
- The amount of CIS completed is dependant on funding received from the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport
- Applications will be reviewed by Leitrim County Council and will have the final decision on the allocation of funding
- Each local community applying for this scheme will be required to appoint a spokesperson
- If your application is successful and your road is included in the CIS, payment of the full local contribution will be required in advance of any works commencing
PDF (Printable) CIS Application Form.pdf (size 167.7 KB)
Word (Submit via Email) CIS Application Form.doc (size 91.6 KB)
Further information or requests for forms can be made via the below methods:
Postal Address: South Leitrim Area Office, Leitrim County Council, Park Lane House, Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim.
Tel: 071 9620005 Extension No: 617
Postal Address: North Leitrim District Engineer’s Office, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim.
Tel: 071 9855033