Under Phase I of the Upper Shannon Erne Future Economy Project the Regional Tourism Groups liaised with key agencies and collectively they encouraged a renewed focus on the Shannon Erne system in advance of its twenty year anniversary.
It was decided that the Blueway is an area that the group should focus on going forward to see how we could work together regionally to develop this initiative further. It was also proposed to hold a tourism networking event in late 2015/early 2016 where tourism providers can meet with accommodation providers from across the region, with the hope that they can work together and develop packages.
To find out more information about the Shannon Blueway click on this link: http://lm-vm-leitcms/eng/News/What_s_Current/Shannon_Blue_Way.html
Blueway 'Next Steps' Event
The Upper Shannon Erne Project, in conjunction with our partners in Waterways Ireland, have recently been approved funding under the Rural Economic Development Zones Programme to develop the Shannon and Shannon-Erne Blueway.
The Blueways Ireland project is a national water and land based multi-activity trail including food, heritage craft and music trails. Blueways are an opportunity for communities and commercial service providers to benefit from the economic and recreational potential of their water resource.
The existing Shannon Blueway trails are being extended both West and South from Carrick On Shannon, and the new Shannon-Erne Blueway from Leitrim Village to Belturbet is also nearing completion.
You are cordially invited to attend the Blueway Next Steps Event on Wednesday 16th December 2015. A Blueway is a recreational area with water activities at its core – refer to www.bluewaysireland.org for more information.
Who Should Attend?
This event is open to everyone including members of the trade, community reps, agencies, local residents etc.
Why You Should Attend?
- Find out what the offer on the Blueway is across the four counties of Cavan, Leitrim, Longford and Roscommon
- See what opportunities there is to develop a business idea based on gaps identified under this project
- Have one to one meetings with members of the trade and community reps across the four counties***
- Look at opportunities to bundle and package with other members of the trade
- Funding agencies will be in attendance to discuss business ideas on the day
- Time: 9:30a.m. – 1:30p.m. Light lunch will be provided
- Location: The Bush Hotel, Carrick On Shannon, Co. Leitrim
- Please RSVP byFriday 11th December 2015 to Sheena O'Dowd by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 071 9620005 Ext 529
- The one to one meetings will take place in the form of speed networking, which will provide an excellent opportunity for members of the trade, agencies and community reps from across the region of Cavan, Leitrim, Longford and Roscommon to meet each other in a controlled environment. You will have an opportunity to introduce and sell yourself/your business/organisation to someone for approx 2 mins. You will then swap roles and hear what your counterpart has to offer. Once your time is up you will then move onto the next person and repeat this process.
- Everyone is advised to bring business cards/brochures/flyers with them on the day for distribution.
- If you are interested in participating in the speed networking event please specify this when you RSVP. This is open to both members of the trade, agencies and community reps.
Build Your Blueway - 13th April 2016
A ‘Build Your Blueway’ Event will be taking place in The Bush Hotel, Carrick On Shannon on Wed the 13th of April 2016
The format of this FREE event is trade information exchange – activity and attraction providers along the Blueway in counties Cavan, Leitrim, Longford and Roscommon have been invited to have stands on the day to showcase their activities and attendees will have the opportunity to visit the individual stands and meet the supplier. It will provide an excellent opportunity for the trade to network with each other and develop packages and bundles together. This event is open to everyone including members of the trade, community reps, agencies, local residents etc. across counties Cavan, Leitrim, Longford and Roscommon. It is particularly relevant to anyone who has frontline contact with visitors including accommodation providers, publicans, restaurants, taxi drivers etc. Please spread the word about this day to anyone else you think may be interested in attending, all are welcome.
People should attend to:
· Find out what stage the Blueway is at in your area across counties Cavan, Leitrim, Longford and Roscommon
· The networking expo will enable people who have frontline contact with tourists to see what attraction and activity providers offer in the region
· Look at opportunities to develop bundles and packages with other members of the trade
· Examine the benefits of promoting your business online
For anyone who has not already confirmed their place you are advised that spaces are still available so if you wish to attend please let me know by emailing email@example.com or phone 071 9620005 Ext 529.